Along with the fast development of mobile communications technologies, the amount of high quality wireless services is required and increasing exponentially. The mobile data traffic will grow by thousands times with the advent of the fourth industrial revolution and the augmented reality. There are still big gap between the future requirements and current communications technologies. How to integrate the limited wireless resources with some intelligent algorithms/schemes and boost potential benefits are the interests of the conference. As an emerging discipline, machine learning is a subfield of computer science that evolved from the study of pattern recognition and computational learning theory in artificial intelligence, and explores the study and construction of algorithms that can learn from and make predictions on complicated scenarios. In communication systems, the previous/current radio situations and communication paradigms should be well considered to obtain a high quality of service (QoS), such us available spectrum, limited energy, antenna configurations, and heterogeneous properties.
Machine learning algorithms facilitate complicated scenarios analysis and prediction, and thus to make an optimal actions in OSI seven layers. We hope the integrating of machine learning algorithms into communication systems will improve the QoS and make the systems smart, intelligent, and efficient. We invite high quality original research papers describing recent and expected challenges or discoveries along with potential intelligent solutions for future mobile communications and networks.
We welcome both theoretical and experimental papers. We expect the papers of the conference to serve as valuable references for a large audience from both academia and industry. Both original, unpublished contributions and survey/tutorial types of articles are encouraged.
This conference focuses on applying machine learning algorithms in communication systems, in order to improve the quality of service and make the systems smart, intelligent, and efficient. The topics of interest for the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Intelligent cloud-support communications
- Intelligent resource (e.g., spectrum, power) allocation schemes
- Intelligent energy-aware/green communications
- Intelligent software defined flexible radios
- Intelligent cooperative networks
- Intelligent antennas design and dynamic configuration.
- Intelligent Massive MIMO communication systems
- Intelligent positioning and navigation systems
- Intelligent cooperative/distributed coding
- Intelligent wireless sensor networks
- Intelligent underwater sensor networks
- Intelligent satellite communications
- Intelligent radar signal processing
- Machine learning algorithm & cognitive radio networks
- Machine learning and information processing in wireless sensor networks
- Data mining in heterogeneous networks
- Machine learning for multimedia over wireless
- Machine learning for IoT
- Decentralized learning for wireless communication systems
- Distributed coding for intelligent communications
- Smart sensing for human activity
- Smart unmanned vehicular technology
- Distributed intelligence
All registered papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Papers should be s system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
Papers should be submitted via ubmitted through EAI ‘Confy‘ system. Please follow instructions on Initial submission and in author’s kit when submitting your paper. Regular Papers should be 6-20+ pages where a page constitutes 300-400 words.
Best Paper Award
The program committee will select four (4) of the accepted papers as the “MLICOM 2019 Best papers”. The winners will be announced during the conference.
Full Paper Submission deadline
28 February 2019
Notification and Registration opens
25 April 2019
25 May 2019
Start of Conference
24 August 2019
End of Conference
25 August 2019